This is my “To Do” list for the rest of the month. If you live in a warmer climate like I do here are some tips for you to keep you busy as Autumn begins and September comes to an end.
- Restart the vegetable garden.
- Direct sow seeds of lettuce greens, onions, peas, beans and broccoli,
- Plant fall bulbs
- Plant perennials and shrubs
- Keep fruits picked as they ripen (this has proved to be no problem as long as I make another apple pie) The smell alone just makes me happy!
- Prune summer flowering shrubs
Continue to fill your home with the fruits of your garden. Vases filled with branches of red and orange leaves or rose hips all bring the season indoors. Baskets of apples or whatever fruit you are growing as a centerpiece. Candles with an autumn scent bring the season indoors and flowers are always a must. Simply arranged in a vase on a table they add life and warmth to your home. Enjoy this beautiful season!